Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tastes like pasta!

Experiment #3: Baked Macaroni with Quick Melt Cheese

Cherry says:
I'm not a fan of pasta dishes. But since i'm getting older, i know i have to be a bit careful with my rice intake. I'm not the type to avoid carbs though, so i just substitute rice with pasta or bread. Gee, i really need to learn how to cook pasta, it seems.

There's not much to say -- this experiment was a failure! I used a ready-made Parmesan Cheese Spaghetti sauce, which does not have a hint of parmesan cheese at all by the way. And it never occurred to me to taste it before mixing it with the pasta and putting it in the oven. It needed more salt and pepper -- and tomato sauce for that matter. The quick melt cheese saved it a bit though. But since cheese is supposed to be just an add-on, well it can only do so much.

Definitely a failure. I need to follow some better pasta recipe next time. I give this 1 out of 5 points.
 
Kat says:
I remember when we made this! (And by we, I mean Cherry) I was playing Wii while Cherry was cooking the sauce and pasta. Hey! I eventually did help out, with the dishes that is. Anyway, I've gotten really good at Wii Sports Tennis. I finally won a Best of 5 game! Good game, fictional Wii players or in other words, better luck next time, losers!

OK, about the baked mac. Hmm. Well, we learned that it's best to taste the sauce first before actually mixing it with the pasta and declaring all the cooking to be done. A really valuable lesson which we hope to remember for the next time we (and by we, I mean.. :D) cook pasta.

I give this one 2 out of 5 amazing coca-colas.

No comments:

Post a Comment